Thanksgiving is a time for coming together with loved ones, expressing gratitude, and indulging in delicious, home-cooked meals. This year, we asked Kyndra Smith, the owner of Gunstock Ranch to share some of her favorite family recipes. These delicious recipes have become a cherished tradition for the families at Gunstock Ranch. Our Chicken and Broccoli casserole, and Banana Cream Pie are perfect for your Thanksgiving table this year.
So, let’s dive into the steps to create these mouthwatering dishes that’s sure to leave your guests asking for seconds!
For the Chicken and Broccoli, you’ll need the following ingredients:
– Chicken breasts (1 per person)
– Broccoli (steamed)
– 1 can of cream of chicken soup
– 1 can of cream of mushroom soup
– 1 cup of mayonnaise
– 1 cup of milk
– 2 squirts of lemon juice
– 1 tablespoon of curry powder (or more if you want)
– 2 cup of shredded cheese
– Foil for covering the baking pan
- **Prepare the Chicken and Broccoli:**
Start by cooking the chicken breasts. You’ll need one chicken breast per person. After cooking, shred the chicken into bite-sized pieces. In a separate pan, cook the broccoli until it’s tender. Drain and set aside.
- **Create the Creamy Sauce:**
In a mixing bowl, combine the cream of chicken soup, cream of mushroom soup, mayonnaise, milk, lemon juice, and curry powder. Mix them together until you have a creamy sauce. Add the shredded cheese to the sauce and stir until it’s well incorporated.
- **Assemble the Casserole:** In a baking pan (we recommend a half-foil pan-sized), combine the shredded chicken and the cooked broccoli.
- **Combine Ingredients:** Pour the creamy sauce mixture over the chicken and broccoli in the baking pan. Make sure to mix everything together thoroughly so that every bite is packed with flavor.
- **Add the Finishing Touch:**
Sprinkle some extra shredded cheese on top of the casserole for that irresistible cheesy goodness.
Lightly sprinkle some additional curry powder on top to enhance the flavor profile.
- **Bake to Perfection:**
– Cover the baking pan with foil to lock in all those fantastic flavors.
– Preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C) and bake the casserole for 45 minutes.
For the Banana Cream Pie (1 Pan), you’ll need the following ingredients:
– 2 soft butter sticks (Imperial butter works best)
– ¼ cups sugar
– 2 cups all-purpose flour
– 5 bananas
– 3 ½ cups milk
– 2 vanilla instant pudding mixes
– 1 (8oz) coolwhip
- First cream the butter sugar, then add the flour, ensuring to mix it well.
- Add mixture to the baking dish and press pastry down on the bottom and sides of the dish. (remember not to handle the pastry too much, the less the handling the better) With a fork poke some holes through the pastry.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until the edges of your crust are golden brown. Stand for 15 minutes or until cool.
- Slice bananas and place on the bottom of the dish evenly.
- In a large bowl, mix milk and two packets of the JELLO brand, Vanilla Instant pudding and whisk for 1 minute continuously.
- Quickly pour the pudding over the bananas before the pudding sets. Spread the coolwhip over the set pudding
- (Optional) Sprinkle with crushed unsalted peanuts.
- Place it in the refrigerator for a better result.
We hope these special family recipes add joy to your holidays, as they have ours.