Come to Gunstock’s Hawaiian Legacy Forest to plant a native tree. Bring your friends or the whole family and make a difference together.
Restore the Land
As emissions rise and many wonder how they can curb their carbon footprint, tree plantings remain a simple but powerful way to fight pollution and create a legacy that will give back to the earth and the community for decades to come. When you plant a tree in Gunstock Ranch’s Legacy Forest, part of our partnership with Hawaii Legacy Reforestation Initiative, you not only send a ripple of positive change, but you participate directly in a special cultural experience.
During your tree planting and eco-tour, our guides will talk about the history of Hawaiian land and how your tree will contribute to healing the local ecosystem. You’ll see wildlife, grazing cattle, and ocean views, then personally plant the tree in a memorable ceremony. When you leave, you’ll have made a measurable difference in the effort to create a sustainable future.
This tour requires the additional purchase of a dedicated and trackable native tree you would like to plant. The cost is $120 per tree. Your money will go directly to the non-profit Hawaiian Legacy Reforestation Initiative for the care and health of the forest. HLRIʻs proprietary technology lets you virtually monitor your tree’s growth and dedication can be a wonderful way to honor a loved one or to commemorate a special event. Additional trees may be purchased at this same rate.
1 Hour Ride
Mon. – Sat.
Tree Purchase Required
- We are closed on Sundays. Cancellations for Monday tours need to be done via email.
- We tour rain or shine. In the event we cancel a tour due to unsafe conditions, a full refund will be issued.
- If a customer wants to cancel due to weather, typical cancelation policy applies.
- Two rider minimum. If this minimum is not met, you will be contacted to reschedule. Additional fees may apply.
For Private Tours:
- Arriving late for your tour will affect your tour length.
- All tours need to end at the scheduled time.
- It is your responsibility to ensure you have proper directions to our location.
- You will have 24 hours before your tour time to reschedule in order to receive a full refund.
- We will reschedule rides based on availability. Rides that cannot be rescheduled will receive a full refund.
Less than 24 hours and up to 2 hours before tour time:
- You can receive a 50% refund
2 hours before tour time or less:
- No refund will be available. Guests may reschedule with an additional 25% (of the price paid) as a rebooking fee.
- Please allow yourself ample time to reach us. Feel free to use the map on our site to ensure you find the right location.
- Please give yourself an additional 15 min due to traffic and construction.
Please check-in 30 minutes before your rides start time. Each rider must attend a 15-minute safety briefing prior to riding.
Detailed directions will be included in your confirmation email.
- Long pants
- Covered shoes
- Light jacket (if it’s chilly)
*Please note that backpacks and big bags will not be allowed on tours.*