Embark on an expedition to the Legacy Forest, where you’ll take part in a special tree planting ceremony, then see the best sights of Gunstock Ranch with your family and friends.
Off-Road Planter’s Experience
An unforgettable Legacy Forest Adventure
It’s a beautiful experience to plant a tree, and it’s even more special when you can immerse yourself in the land where the new tree will grow. After planting a native tree in the Legacy Forest, you’ll buckle up in a rugged off-road vehicle and cruise down jungle paths and mountain trails, seeing wildlife, learning stories of the land, and maybe even trying some local fruit if it’s in season.
At the top of the ranch, overlooking the ocean, you’ll sit down to enjoy a local picnic lunch in a private and relaxing setting. This is a great time to soak up the sights and sounds and reflect on the positive legacy you’ve left behind by planting a native tree.
This tour requires the additional purchase a native tree. Your tree is trackable and linked to you through proprietary GPS technology, from the non-profit Hawaii Legacy Reforestation Initiative (HLRI). The cost is $120 per tree. Your money will go directly to HLRI for the care and health of the forest. Your purchase also includes a special dedication and e-certificate to honor a loved one or celebrate a special event. Additional trees may be purchased at this same rate.
2 Hour Ride
Ages 5 + Up
Mon. – Sat.
Picnic Lunch Included
Tree Purchase Required
General Rules, Rescheduling, and Cancellation
- We are closed on Sundays. Cancellations for Monday tours need to be done via email.
- We tour rain or shine. In the event we cancel a tour due to unsafe conditions, a full refund will be issued.
- If a customer wants to cancel due to weather, typical cancelation policy applies.
- Two rider minimum. If this minimum is not met, you will be contacted to reschedule. Additional fees may apply.
For Private Tours:
- Arriving late for your tour will affect your tour length.
- All tours need to end at the scheduled time.
- It is your responsibility to ensure you have proper directions to our location.
- You will have 24 hours before your tour time to reschedule in order to receive a full refund.
- We will reschedule rides based on availability. Rides that cannot be rescheduled will receive a full refund.
Less than 24 hours and up to 2 hours before tour time:
- You can receive a 50% refund
2 hours before tour time or less:
- No refund will be available. Guests may reschedule with an additional 25% (of the price paid) as a rebooking fee.
- Please allow yourself ample time to reach us. Feel free to use the map on our site to ensure you find the right location.
- Please give yourself an additional 15 min due to traffic and construction.
Please check-in 30 minutes before your rides start time. Each rider must attend a 15-minute safety briefing prior to riding.
Detailed directions will be included in your confirmation email.
What to Wear
- Long pants
- Covered shoes
- Light jacket (if it’s chilly)
*Please note that backpacks and big bags will not be allowed on tours.*
“The talented team provided incredible service and a peaceful ride. The horses are cared for and beautiful! Highly recommend Gunstock Ranch!”Amy F.TripAdvisor
“Top notch experience. Beautiful scenery with excellent and knowledgable guide. Very relaxing from the hustle and bustle of “town”.”James D.TripAdvisor
“We did a last minute booking for a 1 hour ride!! Wow were we impressed!!! Beautiful views!! Paige was so sweet!! We learned about the famous horses we were riding!!”Tiana K.TripAdvisor