Come to Gunstock’s Hawaiian Legacy Forest to plant a Monarch Milo tree. Bring your friends or the whole family and make a difference together.
- Availability: Monday – Saturday
- Start Time: 11:30 am
- Duration: 2 hours
- Ages: 7 and up
- Weight limit: 240 lbs
- Picnic Lunch included
- Monarch Milo included (one tree per party)*
- Walking only ride—no trotting or cantering
- No pregnant riders, please
*Upgrade to a dedicated and trackable tree
Explore and Build Something New
After riding through the Hawaiian countryside by horseback, you’ll feel a special closeness to this beautiful place, and there’s no better way to give back to the ‘aina (land) than by planting a native tree in our Legacy Forest. This eco-tour is part of a huge reforestation effort in partnership with Hawaii Legacy Reforestation Initiative, and you’ll be able to make a difference in the preservation of Oahu’s North Shore.
You and your horse will travel up to our scenic mountain trails, exploring peaceful forests, open pastures, and gorgeous ocean views. Along the way, you might see a variety of wildlife, like tropical birds, grazing cows, and wild pigs. Once at the Legacy Forest, you’ll personally plant a native tree during a special ceremony. Each individual makes a difference, and we hope you’ll join us soon.
With an upgrade to your tour, you can also plant additional trackable trees. Each trackable tree is uniquely paired to you through our proprietary GPS technology, which will allow you to monitor it remotely and return to visit whenever you’d like to see its progress. You may also dedicate a tree in honor of a loved one or special event.
- We are closed on Sundays. Cancellations for Monday tours need to be done via email.
- We tour rain or shine. In the event we cancel a tour due to unsafe conditions, a full refund will be issued.
- If a customer wants to cancel due to weather, no refund will be given.
- Two rider minimum. If this minimum is not met, we will contact you to reschedule. You may choose to pay an additional $25 to make it a private ride.
For Private Tours
- Arriving late for your tour will affect your tour length.
- All tours need to end at the scheduled time.
- It is your responsibility to ensure you have proper directions to our location.
- We will reschedule rides based on availability. Rides that cannot be rescheduled will receive a full refund.
- You will have 24 hours before your tour time to reschedule in order to receive a full refund.
Less than 24 hours and up to 2 hours before tour time:
- You can receive a 50% refund
2 hours before tour time or less:
- No refund will be available. Guests may reschedule with an additional 25% (of the price paid) as a rebooking fee.
- Please allow yourself ample time to reach us. Feel free to use the map on our site to ensure you find the right location.
- Please give yourself an additional 15 min due to traffic and construction.
Please arrive promptly 30 minutes before your ride’s start time to check in.
Detailed directions will be included in your confirmation email.
- Long pants
- Covered shoes
- Light Jacket (if it’s chilly)
*Please note that backpacks or large bags will not be allowed on the tour*