Discover historic Gunstock Ranch during a 2.5-hour tour on a private guided horseback tour and leave your mark by planting your very own Legacy Tree.
- Availability: Monday – Saturday
- Start Time: 9:30 AM & 3:30 PM
- Duration: 1 hour
Restore the land
Gunstock Ranch invites guests to make a meaningful impact in the restoration of Hawaii’s native species by planting a special Legacy Tree. Tree plantings are an authentic and important way to experience Hawaii’s culture and history and give back to a place of such remarkable beauty. You’ll personally plant and dedicate a monarch milo tree, which will be uniquely linked to you through our proprietary GPS technology. You can monitor your tree online and even come back to visit it years from now when it’s part of a healthy forest.
All tours are kept small and intimate, and this is a great opportunity to commemorate an event, honor an individual, or memorialize a loved one. A ceremony is included in the planting experience, and on the way up to the forest you’ll be able to see some of the stunning landscapes of the Hawaiian countryside that your tree will soon be a part of. We hope you’ll come take part in this memorable experience soon.
- We are closed on Sundays. Cancellations for Monday tours need to be done via email.
- We tour rain or shine. In the event we cancel a tour due to unsafe conditions, a full refund will be issued.
- If a customer wants to cancel due to weather, no refund will be given.
- Two rider minimum. If this minimum is not met, we will contact you to reschedule. You may choose to pay an additional $25 to make it a private ride.
For Private Tours
- Arriving late for your tour will affect your tour length.
- All tours need to end at the scheduled time.
- It is your responsibility to ensure you have proper directions to our location.
- We will reschedule rides based on availability. Rides that cannot be rescheduled will receive a full refund.
- You will have 24 hours before your tour time to reschedule in order to receive a full refund.
Less than 24 hours and up to 2 hours before tour time:
- You can receive a 50% refund
2 hours before tour time or less:
- No refund will be available. Guests may reschedule with an additional 25% (of the price paid) as a rebooking fee.
- Please allow yourself ample time to reach us. Feel free to use the map on our site to ensure you find the right location.
- Please give yourself an additional 15 min due to traffic and construction.
Please arrive promptly 30 minutes before to check in.
Detailed directions will be included in your confirmation email.
- Long pants
- Covered shoes
- Water bottle
- Light jacket