Love horses? Why not spend a day with one? We offer a one day camp for anyone who wants to saddle up.
Free community Easter egg hunt!
Every year, on the Saturday before Easter, over 13,000 eggs are hidden across Gunstock Ranch. Then, the local keiki are set loose to hunt them down and maybe even get some special prizes. There are thousands of candy-filled and toy-filled eggs in each field. After the kids find all the eggs, the horses will be giving rides for $3.00 before and after the hunt. We’ll also bring in face painting, a bounce house, and food vendors to make it a full day out. Cash only, please. There will be a parking donation available if you would like to show us your appreciation.
We hope to see you at the most unique Easter Egg hunt in Hawaii featuring pony rides, horses, and a petting zoo at our working ranch right here on Oahu.
Contact us at 808-341-3995 or email [email protected]
- Pony Rides, painting a horse, painting horseshoes, vendors, bouncy house, face paint will start at 8:3o am. Arrive early. Traffic gets bad as everyone is trying to arrive on time. We have created more parking options to hopefully help with the flow. There will be a Parking donation available if you would like to show us your appreciation.
- Petting Zoo, Face Painting and Bounce House will be open prior to the hunt. Pony Rides open BEFORE and AFTER the Egg Hunt.
- Bring a basket or bag to collect the eggs
- Wear closed toes shoes.
- Don’t forget your camera! And of course, tag us on Instagram or Facebook at Gunstock Ranch.
- Look for the pasture that best suits your child’s age.
- Make sure you know what eggs are money prize eggs. (Look for signs posted)
- Most Importantly: Don’t come late! The hunt starts at 10 am sharp. Plan on arriving at least 45 minutes to an hour prior to the start time to allow for parking and walking.
- If you want a detailed schedule and updates of the event check out our FB page at Gunstock Ranch!
- Bring cash:
- Pony rides – $3
- Bounce House – $2
- Grass-fed beef – prices vary
- Gunstock Merchandise
- Vendors will be on site selling drinks and food:
- Holo Holo Snow
- Hawaiian Plate & Kids food
- Jumba Juice
- Ulu lemonade
- Ono Kettlecorn
Spray Painted Eggs – Limit one of each kind of prize egg per child
- Gold – $5
- Silver – $3
- Red – $1
- Teal – Business Prize Eggs
- Polynesian Cultural Center – 2 Luau Ambassador tickets
- Angel’s Ice Cream – Laie – 10 Gift Certificates
- McDonald’s – 500 Gift Certificates
- Wili Wili’s Shave Ice Haven – 43 Gift Certificates
- Ono Yo– 9 Gift Certificates
- Aloha Riding Lessons – a Horse Riding Lesson
- Laie Marriott– Free room and a Bistro Certificate
- Ace Hardware– 20 Certificates
- So’Da Bomb– 7 Gift Certificates
- The Haircut Store- 4 Certificates
- Little Ceaser Pizza -10 Certificates
We are looking for donations for prizes to make this event is tons of fun. If you would like to make a donation or you are a business that would like to donate a prize and/ or advertise please email Lilia. Everyone that makes a donation will have their name read out before the start of the race. Businesses with a donation of over $100 value can hang a banner in our arena for advertising. Thank you to all those who donated in the past and help make community event a success!
- Cackle Fresh Eggs
- Gunstock Ranch
- Smith Ohana
- Giovanni’s Shrimp Truck
- American Savings Bank
- Derek Whetten Realtor – Century 21 iProperties Hawaii
- Angel’s Hawaii
- Hawaii Reserves Inc.
- Hawaii Legacy Reforestation Initiative
- Keana Farms
- Paradise Helicopter
- Kahuku Ranch & Feed
- Wili Wili’s Shave Ice Haven
- Hukilau Marketplace
- Jumba Juice
- Ace Hardware
- Bright Beginnings
- Oahu Veterinary Clinic
Gunstock Ranch Easter Egg Hunt was started by Rita Smith and the tradition continues on through Greg and Kyndra Smith and their family for over 30 years. This free event has been a way for Gunstock Ranch to give back to the community and continues to grow each year because of the many helping hands.
Here are a few ways you can help:
- April 19th – 8 am-11am – Gunstock Pool Pavilion – Join us to dye 4,000+ eggs and stuff 10,000+ eggs with candy. Children are welcome if they are accompanied by adults.
- April 20th – 7:30 am – Hiding eggs. It takes time and many hands to hide this many eggs over 10 acres. So come join in. Children are welcome to come and will be assigned to hide eggs in a pasture different than they will look in.
- Monetary donations – will go toward the expense of the eggs and candy. Gunstock Ranch does not make money from the egg hunt. It is put on purely for enjoyment and tradition. To make a donation email [email protected]
- Parking – Hundreds of people come every year and the more hands the easier it is for everyone.